db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Important change to the policy governing the 10.2 branch.
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 20:44:48 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>
>> I have wrapped up the last mega-merge from the trunk to the 10.2 branch.
>
> Thanks Rick, for do all the merges, saves everyone else time.
> From the information in DERBY-1725, it seems the ending points
> (inclusive) were:
>
> Code - 448900 - 2006-09-22 05:18:15 -0700
> Docs - 448987 - 2006-09-22 09:46:58 -0700
>
> It's a little strange that the end points are different in time, there
> are two additional commits to the code in those intervening four and a
> half hours. In this case I guess there's not an major issue because the
> latest doc and code changes are independent. Obviously if the doc
> changes were related to recent code changes or vice-versa the ending
> merge points would need to be in sync.

That last doc commit (revision 448987) was for DERBY-1839: Updates to
the Reference Guide based on the 10.2 doc review.

If code and doc commits were ever synchronized (i.e., finished docs
provided at the same time the code is committed), I think it'd be
something of a miracle -- and one I'd be happy to spend extra time
syncing in the end.

 -jean