db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Trigger Statement
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:25:08 GMT
tassz wrote:
> I am new to Derby 10, and would like some examples of how the use a Trigger
> Statement to: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and CASCADE.

One of the building blocks for triggers is functions implemented in java
(and java procedures, too, beginning with 10.2). This wiki page might
help and also includes a link to a simple trigger example in the list

--By the way, I haven't kept the Wiki pages up to date with derby list
traffic, so if anyone spots a post that should be added, please do.

The Derby functional tests are also a handy resource. For example, see
the trigger* files at

Finally, the documentation on triggers starts at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevspecial27163.html .

View raw message