db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: almost ready to build the 10.2 release candidate
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:05:04 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On 9/21/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that we've wrapped up all of the outstanding issues except one:
>>
>> 1) Finish the scripts for injecting optional JDBC4 support into the 10.2
>> jarballs.
>>
>> Andrew is bravely leading the charge here. He needs our help to test the
>> scripts on Solaris and Linux. Please pitch in if you can.
>

> Yes, thanks Rick and John for the assistance in testing so far. I'll
> commit a couple of small changes and I'm set up to test on a Linux box
> now, so hopefully I can knock off any issues I see there today.

I see this script as "nice to have", not essential for a release of
Derby. It is posisble to Derby with JDBC 4.0 support from the sources
using the instructions in the source tree.

Just don't want to get into a situation where Derby 10.2 gets delayed
while this script becomes perfect. We could also just provide it on the
web-site or wiki directly. It is a short lived item.

Dan.