db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Release candidate imminent
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:22:16 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On 9/18/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>

>> 2) I'm not clear on where we stand on the new scripts for building
>> add-on JDBC4 support. When this work finishes, the Release Notes will
>> need to mention these scripts. Andrew, can you shed some light on this?
>

> I stil need to test them more throughly, but they should work as follows:
>
> * download the -bin and -src distributions and unzip them
> * set DERBY_HOME to the location where you have unzipped the -bin
> distribution
> * set JAVA_HOME to the location of a JDK 1.6 JVM.
> * cd into the tools/jdbc4 directory where you unzipped the -src
> distribution
> * run the update-with-jdbc4 script (or batch file on Windows), and the
> jars in $DERBY_HOME/lib will be updated with the necessary JDBC 4
> classes.
>
> See also DERBY-1846: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1846

Thanks, Andrew. I will document this in the Release Notes. I will hold
off generating the release until you're done and we've vetted these scripts.

> I'd appreciate it if someone could help test the scripts or assist
> with documentation.
>
>> 3) Anything else?
>

> JIRA still shows 98 open issues assigned to 10.2.1.0. If a release is
> really imminent, can we start punting issues that don't need to be
> fixed in 10.2.1.0 out to other releases, starting with the 61
> unassigned issues?
>
> I'm tempted to just select all the unassigned issues and punt them to
> 10.2.2, but perhaps a review of the issues is in order, in case any of
> the issues deserve specific mention in the release notes or
> documentation.

Agreed. We should detach these issues from 10.2.1.0. I vote for
assigning them to 10.2.2.0. I had not considered the possibility of
mining these issues for more release notes. I can make a first pass at
this tomorrow.