db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance J. Andersen" <Lance.Ander...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: possible JDBC 4 EOD bug??
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:26:16 GMT

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>> Lance J. Andersen wrote:
>>

>>> It is definitely a bug Dan if it has not been resolved.
>>>
>>> If you feel the section in the spec could be clearer, please let me know
>>> as i have a small window to clarify this area.
>>>
>> I think if the functionality is working then the spec is fine, I only
>> got confused by the incorrect behaviour.
>>

> Actually reading on to later sections they only ever mention "field
> within a data class", never using JavaBean setter and getters. Does this
> mean those sections (19.3.3, 19.3.1.4) only apply to fields?
>
> As an example, how would I use the ResultColumn Annotation with JavaBean
> setter and getter methods?

Unfortunately no for ResultColumn as we needed to change the Annotation
to be method and field, not just field for the Target type.  We meant to
support this but missed the window to update the annotation.

For allColumnsMapped, this is indeed supposed to work with
setters/getters.  I will clarify this a bit better as this wording was
added prior to including JavaBeans property support.

Regards
Lance