db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Why are you giving up???? (Was Re: Doc notice for JDBC 4 functionality in Derby 10.2)
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:06:21 GMT
Why are you giving up?

I still believe there is a possible solution to this, so that the Derby
community can ship with JDBC4 capability - to that end, I'm doing what I
can to try to find a solution with Sun on this.

Do people not care?  I just don't understand.  Derby can be the world's
first database with JDBC4 support, so it's there and ready when Mustang
is released.

This means that Sun has to fork Derby, and  also JavaDB is therefore
more technically advanced than Derby, and no one wants that either. No
one wins here.  Lets find a solution.   I don't think it will take much
longer.

geir