db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Doc notice for JDBC 4 functionality in Derby 10.2
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:31:38 GMT
Hi Jean,

This looks great. I'd like to roll up David's observation and tweek this
a bit more:

This documentation references new JDBC 4.0 functionality that is not
enabled in this Apache Derby 10.2 release because a final Java SE 6
release is not available yet. JDBC 3.0 will be available by default when
used with Java SE 6. JDBC 4.0 functionality will only be
available to developers who download Java SE 6 themselves and
with it build Derby's optional JDBC 4.0 support. Please see the Release Notes
for details on how to build this optional JDBC 4.0 functionality.
Please also note the licensing restrictions which limit your use
of beta versions of Java SE 6. The beta JDK may only be used for
evaluation purposes; the same restriction applies to Derby's
JDBC 4.0 support when built using the beta version of Java SE 6.

Thanks,
-Rick