db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Doc notice for JDBC 4 functionality in Derby 10.2
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:50:09 GMT
Thanks, Jean.

A couple of things

"when used with a Java SE 6 beta build" - I think we should clarify this
by saying "when run with a Java SE 6 virtual machine".  This will be
true whether the Java SE 6 they are using is beta or not, and I think it
is important to clarify this as runtime behavior.

"build Derby with it" - I hope a user doesn't have to build *all* of
Derby, but instead incrementally build in JDBC4 support such that it is
added to the existing jar files.  Or is a complete rebuild required?

Also, once they build in JDBC4 support, will JDBC4 be the default when
running with a Java SE 6 VM?

David