db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 10.2 plans (was Re: 10.2 licensing issue)
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:36:34 GMT
Since this is an open-*source* project, we do have other options that
seem to have no legal issues to me (IANAL).

Option A - Source only release with JDBC 4.0 based on proposed final draft
  Derby 10.2 release is source only, no pre-compiled jars, removes the
dependency on the Mustang download.

Option B - Release pre-compiled jars without JDBC 4.0 optional build
  Option A plus pre-compiled jars without JDBC 4.0, already supported by
just compiling without a Java SE 6/Mustang JDK.

In both cases the current state of the 10.2 branch is left unchanged wrt
JDBC 4.0, ie. no removal of JDBC 4.0 from code or documentation.

Dan.