db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Compiling 10.2 Release Notes
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:04:13 GMT
At some point, I will need to bundle Release Notes into the 10.2
distributions. Here's a proposal for what I need to do:

1) Create a new top-level text file next to LICENSE and README. I'd like
to call this file RELEASE-NOTES.

2) Fill up this file with the following three sections:

a) Features. These would be brief descriptions culled from the summary
table on the snapshot wiki page:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoSnapshot

b) Release notes proper. These would be the release notes visible
through the following JIRA filter:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311198.

Currently, 22 notes appear in this filter.

3) Bug fixes. These would be the one line summaries from issues visible
through the following JIRA filter:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311199.

Currently, 373 issues appear in this filter. I think I can discard the
following:

a) issues which users wouldn't see, such as code cleanup tasks

b) bug fixes also applied to 10.1.3.1

I would like your advice:

A) Overall, does this sound like a reasonable approach?

B) Are these filters the right ones or should I edit them?

C) Any tips about how to make this easier?

Thanks,
-Rick