db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.2 plans (was Re: 10.2 licensing issue)
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:22:18 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

lots of good discussion

> Now another point for discussion is, after 10.2, when Mustang gets
> released what should be the  version for DERBY
> with the JDBC4 support be called  - 10.3 ?
>
> -Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

There seem to be at least two issues here:

1) Release numbering. What should we call the JDBC4-exposing release:
10.2.x or 10.3? Since JDBC4 is a big feature, would it be deceptive to
expose it in bug-fix release?

2) Branch management. Suppose we decided to call this JDBC4-exposing
release 10.3.. Would it be confusing or would something break if we made
the following changes in the 10.2 branch three months hence:

a) changed the release identifier from 10.2.x to 10.3

b) made appropriate changes to the documentation

Regards,
-Rick