db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: please read the derby-user thread "10.2 licensing issue"
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:12:47 GMT
Hi Geir,

Sure. I'm a bit unclear on how to avoid cross-posting but still conduct
a discussion which interests more than one email community. These were
the options I saw:

1) Cross-post.

2) Start the discussion on one list and invite the second list to
listen. This raises your issue: the discussion is already in flight by
the time the second list context-switches.

3) Invite the second list to listen but wait a decent interval before
actually posting to the first list. This leaves the second list hanging
for a while, wondering if the message got wedged somewhere.

Are you saying you prefer option (3) or are you recommending something else?

Regards,
-Rick