db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQL State XJ215 You cannot invoke other Clob/Blob methods after calling free.
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 21:04:46 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:

> On 9/8/06, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Perhaps this would have made the message clearer:
>>
>> " XJ215  You cannot invoke other Clob/Blob methods after calling the
>> free() method."
>>
>> andrew
>>

> Should the method name be capitalized, like data types?  Should
> "free()" be "FREE()"  I want to make sure that I understand how to
> refer to them now and in the future.

No, Java names are case sensitive. In this case the Clob/Blob are
correct because the message is referring to method calls on the classes
java.sql.Clob and java.sql.Blob. Though it may be benefical to have:

XJ215  You cannot invoke other java.sql.Clob/java.sql.Blob methods after
calling the free() method."

Dan.