db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject describing derby tables
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 20:57:36 GMT
A chat on #derby was looking for a way to list and describe tables:

ardor I was hoping someone would beable to tell me how, I can list the
tables in my derby database and describe them.
jta ardor: dblook is a good option; see
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tools/ctoolsdblook.html
ardor I cant use any tools, i have to use querys.
jta I think there might be an FAQ on the derby wiki ... hold on a sec ...
ardor Thanks, I've been google for the last hour.
jta the first couple of entries on this wiki page might help:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HintsAndTips
ardor Thanks, going to try this out
jta good luck! if you need more, feel free to post to
derby-user@db.apache.org. Lots of SQL wizards on that list.

Didn't a describe command make it into 10.2? I thought I recalled
something, but don't spot it at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoSnapshot .

 -jean