db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Notes
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:59:42 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>>> I hope I am not hijacking this thread but I have a question about the
>>> release notes.
>>> The practice of marking multiple fix versions in Jira means that the
>>> Jira release notes for 10.2 also include all of  issues that are fixed
>>> in 10.2 and previous releases.  For example if an issue was marked fixed
>>> in and 10.2  it shows up in the 10.2 release notes, but really
>>> should not.
>> I assuming the issues you are refering to were fixed in the trunk after
>> the 10.1 branch creation and were also fixed in the 10.1 branch.
>> Can you explain why they should not show up in the 10.2 release notes? I
>> guess that assumption confuses me.
> I was assuming that what is in the release notes is everything that has
> been fixed since the last release, in our case
> case since since

> You think it should be everything since the 10.1 branch originally
> branched?  That doesn't seem that helpful to me as that is not even on a
> release boundary, but does seem to match our current process.

I'm not sure, I was just trying to understand your reasoning as to why
bugs fixed in the code line would be excluded. The last release seems a
reasonable approach. One could also have sections for each 10.1 release:

Bugs fixed in

Bugs fixed in and

Bugs fixed in and 10.2

Not sure how far back one would go though.

View raw message