db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Release Notes
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:22:52 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Kathey Marsden wrote:
>

>>I hope I am not hijacking this thread but I have a question about the
>>release notes.
>>The practice of marking multiple fix versions in Jira means that the
>>Jira release notes for 10.2 also include all of  issues that are fixed
>>in 10.2 and previous releases.  For example if an issue was marked fixed
>>in 10.1.3.1 and 10.2  it shows up in the 10.2 release notes, but really
>>should not.
>>

>I assuming the issues you are refering to were fixed in the trunk after
>the 10.1 branch creation and were also fixed in the 10.1 branch.
>
>Can you explain why they should not show up in the 10.2 release notes? I
>guess that assumption confuses me.

I was assuming that what is in the release notes is everything that has
been fixed since the last release, in our case
case since since 10.1.3.1.

You think it should be everything since the 10.1 branch originally
branched?  That doesn't seem that helpful to me as that is not even on a
release boundary, but does seem to match our current process.

Kathey