db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.2 status
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 00:00:02 GMT
Just interested is anyone in the community planning on working on any
of the any of the unassigned below?  My vote on whether to hold up
a release or not based on them might be affected by if there was any
chance someone might be fixing them.  Otherwise I probably would lean
toward getting the release out with known bugs documented, it of
course depends on the bug.  For me there are currently no issues (other
than legal) which I would hold up the release for.  For me the last
release blocker is DERBY-1686 which is fixed in trunk and should go
to 10.2 in the merge tommorow.

For me 1782 would not be a blocker as the documentation has been updated
to describe the current behavior
and the specific behavior seems somewhat open to interpretation (but I
am no expert in this area).

Also I would tend not to hold up a release for minor bugs in new
behavior, that is what release notes are for.  My assumption is that
even more bugs will be uncovered once the new behavior is exercised,
better to release, get feedback and get another point release out there
soon.  Unfortunately my feel from the beta process is that we are not
getting a lot of usage.

1806 and 1777 are interesting as they are from the beta usage, and seem
to be regressions.  I haven't followed closely, it seemed like 1806 was
going to be hard to do anything about without some more info on a repro.
Looks like 1777 also still has problems with the repro.

Note that anyone in the community could help with regressions, it
does not take expertise with the code - a big help could just be
narrowing down to what change in 10.2 caused the bug (assuming a
reproducible case).  Anyone good at writing scripts that would
automatically do a binary search on a SVN client, build, and test to
narrow down to a specific change when a caused a test to fail?