db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: New contributors?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:58:53 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>>It might be helpful for reviewers to clearly separate "must fix" items
>>from "nice to have" items in their comments.
>
> Sounds great, but what is a must fix?

A simple definition could be anything that would prevent it from being
committed. If a committer doesn't have confidence in a change introduced
by the patch, then it should *not* be committed.

To take a concrete example .....

I won't commit a doc patch unless:

 - Somebody indicates the changes are technically ok.
 - The DITA doc build succeeds.

But if something isn't worded quite the way I would personally word it,
I leave it be -- there's lots of room for style in documentation. Small
improvements that advance the info further are good and others can take
it even further.

 -jean