db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 10.2 status
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:03:19 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for your help in whittling down the list of urgent
> issues. Now we're down to 6 unclaimed ones. That's good news although
> still not good enough to cut a release candidate.

I didn't realise that you view urgent issues as blockers for a release,
I was working on the assumption that a bug had to be marked as critical
or blocker for it to block a release.

Looking at the list of urgent issues that are not blocker or critical
(in fact there are no blocker/critical 10.2 issues) in my view some, if
not all, would not block a release, e.g. DERBY-1746 need to test with
10.1.3 for upgrade, why is it important to be testing with 10.1.3 as
opposed to 10.1.2, probably equally likely a user will have either release.

It is your choice as the release manager, but once all legal hurdles
have been resolved (or Mustang releases as GA :-) I would hope we as a
community could issue a release as soon as possible, and not wait for it
to be perfect. E.g. DERBY-1664, created one day after the initial code
"freeze" target, since then not much interest from anyone, seems a
little late and unrealistic to make it a blocker for a 10.2 release.

Dan.


Mime
View raw message