db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Contribution of/repository for testing infrastructure tools (was Re: Running a Derby JUnit test using JUnit directly)
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:34:14 GMT
Vemund Ostgaard wrote:

> a tool that we use internally to distribute files to remote machines
> for testing, and as such didn't seem interesting to the community.

Actually I am curious about this tool and think maybe  the tool itself
and other testing infrastructure tools  might really be great
contribution to the community.    We all benefit from the testing
results of this the efficient QA efforts in Norway. I wonder  might you
consider contributing  these tools  so that they could be used in a more
general purpose way and enhanced by all for the general benefit of the
community?

I am not sure exactly where these tools would  be checked in,  but are
certainly worthy of a place.  I recall that at one point a snapshot was
made of the testing report scripts and then  copied and forked for the
IBM reports and then enhanced locally in Norway. Since they were not
checked in, they  they could not be enhanced open source style and used
generally.  I think if contributed, they could be enhanced ultimately it
would be easy for anyone  running tests to post them in the same format
and link them off:
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_tests.html

Kathey