db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby 10.2 Reference Manual and section Prepared statements and streaming columns
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:53:43 GMT
Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been reviewing Derby 10.2 Reference Manual and putting my
> feedback at http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReferenceManualTenTwo. I
> came across section "Prepared statements and streaming columns" and have
> to admit that I haven't kept up with any streaming column related
> changes in Derby 10.2 If anyone else is more familiar with this topic,
> can they please double check the contents of this section and any other
> section related to streaming columns.

Hi Mamta,

I took a quick look, and I think at least the references to
setUnicodeStream should be removed/reduced and instead refer to
setCharacterStream. The former has been deprecated, and I think it even
might have been removed from Derby (FeatureNotSupportedException)
because of a bug in the implementation.

I'll try to have a look at all relevant documentation and add my
comments to the Wiki.

BTW: Is there a deadline for the documentation review?

Regards,
--
Kristian