db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running a Derby JUnit test using JUnit directly
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:42:39 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Vemund Ostgaard wrote:
>>For the jobs doing nightly testing on the 10.2 branch we did a short
>>term workaround by copying derbyTesting.jar to its old location, to
>>avoid other changes. So, thats why it hasn't failed in those tests.
>It's good to report such problems, not just work-around them. That way
>others get to know and the issue can be fixed quicker.
>Or maybe I missed the e-mail discussing this?
Yes, I agree. The problem we had though was with a tool that we use
internally to distribute files to remote machines for testing, and as
such didn't seem interesting to the community. We didn't check if the
problem hid other problems that were relevant for the community, which
evidently was the case.

View raw message