db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Broken link on the web site "papers" page?
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:09:47 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On the "Resources" page of the web site,
> http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/index.html,
> in the "Papers" section, in the "Derby Engine" subsection, there is a
> link entitled
> "Type System".
>
> The "Type System" link is a link to:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/types/package.html
>
> When I click on this link in my browser (Mozilla Firefox), it doesn't
> recognize
> the result as an HTML document and just displays the raw HTML. Is this
> because of the
> new license section at the head of this document?

Since you're using firefox, I think it's the same issue as noted on the
downloads page for the testing readme:

http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#How+to+test+Derby

Displaying through svn doesn't work for all browsers and I haven't
chased down the specific problem.

That much said, it used to work for Internet Explorer -- and it doesn't
now, which is odd.

It works if you do a "File Open" to the file in your working copy.

> Interestingly, in the generated Javadoc section of the web site, the
> corresponding
> link displays just fine:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/types/package-summary.html#package_description
>
> So one possible fix would be to change the "Type System" link to point
> to this page,
> rather than pointing into the version in the svn.apache.org location.

that's an excellent fix -- thanks for mentioning it!

 -jean