db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE NULL-NOT NULL not merged WAS Re: 10.2 status
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 22:19:41 GMT
>> r437215 | bpendleton | 2006-08-26 12:42:02 -0700 (Sat, 26 Aug 2006) | 18 lines
>>  DERBY-119: Add ALTER TABLE option to change column from NULL to NOT NULL
>
> Why was this omitted?

Probably because I suggested it should not be merged. I think this reflects my
inexperience with the open source process: the changes for DERBY-119 came in
after the announced "feature complete date" (I just made that term up) for 10.2,
which was something like August 10th, I believe.

So when I committed it to the trunk I noted that it was a new feature, not a bug
fix for a 10.2 feature, and I think Rick was only looking for bug fixes for 10.2
features when he did his merging.

I'm probably stepping all over the actual intended process with my words here, but
hopefully someone will step in and clarify how things should work.

thanks,

bryan