db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject GRANT/REVOKE functional spec and database owner
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 19:00:17 GMT

The new database owner section in the GRANT/REVOKE functional spec
attached to DERBY-464 has this text:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12338762/grantRevokeSpec_v5.html

"Database owners assume the authorizationId of  other users while
operating in their user schemas. Objects created by database owners in
other user schemas would be owned by that user."

The first sentence is not what Derby is doing today:

ij> set schema wilma;
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
ij> values current_user;
1
DBO
1 row selected

I think the code has the correct behaviour, I think was intended was
trying to explain the next sentence about the objects not being owned by
the DBA. I don't think the first sentence is needed, the second stands
by itself.

Dan.