db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running a Derby JUnit test using JUnit directly
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:44:52 GMT
Susan L. Cline wrote:

> [ snip]
> I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way to run a JUnit test standalone
> against the jars.  What I am trying to do is to test the 10.2 beta release using
> a derbyTesting.jar I built in the development branch (10.3).  I'm trying to use the
> class I created to test the functionality of something in the 10.2 beta release
> without having to check out the 10.2 branch(trunk? sorry I don't know the terminology
> here.)

That's cutting edge technology :-)

The JUnit work for running tests standalone is a work in progress, I'm
working in the trunk, Rick has been merging changes up to 10.2 but I
haven't looked to see what state those changes are in the 10.2 branch
and the beta release.

I think the only requirement for 10.2 is that derbyall continues to run
successfully, I think it would be great if 10.2 and trunk were identical
in their Junit setup but that may not happen until after the first GA

If this test is for submission to Derby the best thing to do is to
contribute it for the trunk and then it will be merged up to the branch
and become part of the 10.2 standard tests.

View raw message