db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [jira] Updated: (DERBY-1566) Document SQLStates in 10.2
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:01:32 GMT
Rick Hillegas (JIRA) wrote:
>      [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1566?page=all ]
> 
> Rick Hillegas updated DERBY-1566:
> ---------------------------------
> 
>     Attachment: derby-1566-generatorDavidJeanJohnRick.diff
> 
> Committed derby-1566-generatorDavidJeanJohnRick.diff at subversion revision 439093. This
checks in David's SQLState generator to trunk/java/build/org/apache/derbyBuild
> 
> Thanks to David for writing this program and to Jean and John for improving it. I have
made the following changes:
> 
> 1) Merged in John's changes which escape angle brackets in SQLState text.
> 
> 2) Moused in Jean's text, which addresses Laura's concerns.
> 
> 3) Fixed various issues with unclosed tags.
> 
> I'm a little concerned that so many of the tags were unclosed. I hope that I have not
grabbed the wrong version of this generator. In any event, it should be more straightforward
to improve this code now that it's in the trunk.


Well, I may have failed to explain clearly how I generated my diff, and 
I suspect that may be the reason for some of these issues (missing 
improvements made by Jean).

First, I downloaded ErrorMessageGenerator.david.java. Then, I patched 
this file using Jean's ErrorMessageGenerator.david.diffs3. I then made 
my changes and used 'diff -u' to extract my changes from those Jean had 
made. I.e., ErrorMessageGenerator_davidv3_john.diff is the difference 
between [ErrorMessageGenerator.david.java + 
ErrorMessageGenerator.david.diffs3] and my modified version of the same 
patched file. I hope you got it working in the end... It will definitely 
be easier to track changes now that the file is in SVN! :)


-- 
John

Mime
View raw message