db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r427293 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java/tools/org/apache/derby/impl/tools/ij: Main.java mtTestCase.java utilMain.java utilMain14.java
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:05:20 GMT
On 7/31/06, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/31/06, Army <qozinx@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >      [javac] Compiling 2 source files to C:\p4clients\main_codeline\classes
> >      [javac]
> > C:\p4clients\main_codeline\opensource\java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\lang\wisconsin.java:70:
> >
> > utilMain(int,org.apache.derby.iapi.tools.i18n.LocalizedOutput,java.util.Hashtable)
> > is not public in org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain; cannot be accessed
> > from outside package
> >      [javac]             utilInstance = new utilMain(1, out, (Hashtable)null);
> >      [javac]                                ^
> >      [javac] 1 error
> >      [javac] Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
>
> Interestingly, the wisconsin test is usign this internal class to set
> ij's input and output  streams. Since that's exactly what the public
> ij.runScript() is for, the test should probably be rewritten to use
> the new public api.
>
> > I also noticed (somewhat by chance) that if I try to run ij using Sun jdk131
> > with the latest codeline, I see the following:
> >
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> > org/apache/derby/impl/tools/ij/Main14 (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)
>
> I'll look into this.
>
> andrew

So, Andrew, does this also mean you are looking into the wisconsin
test failure? The test currently builds but fails - with jdk142 and
others, I think. Looks like it just can't make any connections,
haven't looked further into it. This I saw first when svn update-ing
up to 427354.
Or, Dan, that was a checkin by you, are you maybe looking at it?

Myrna