db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Yip Ng" <yipng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jira] Updated: (DERBY-1640) Instability in XATest
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:33:09 GMT
Not sure what happened but when I ran derbyall against DERBY-1579 before the
commit (which involves removing an unused system table), I didn't see any
XATest diffs.


derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.pass:jdbcapi/XATest.java


On 8/4/06, Mike Matrigali (JIRA) <derby-dev@db.apache.org> wrote:
>
>      [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1640?page=all ]
>
> Mike Matrigali updated DERBY-1640:
> ----------------------------------
>
>
> This is the kind of diff that is usally caused by some change to system
> catalogs that is reflected in a newly created database (adding/removing
> system catalog, changing the number of rows in new db, changing size of a
> row in a new db).  For more explanation see DERBY-977.
>
> This test is a .java test so really should be coded to handle the order
> difference itself.  I would feel better if we knew what exact change caused
> this diff.  I took a look through the sun tinderbox, but everyone is very
> busy
> lately and the run I think caused the problem had 20 or so changes in it:
>
> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/DerbyJvm1.4/UpdateInfo/428459.txt
>
> This test failed for me last night in a sun jdk1.4.2, xp/mks environment:
> *** Start: XATest jdk1.4.2_07 DerbyNetClient
> derbynetclientmats:derbynetclientma
> ts 2006-08-04 03:39:05 ***
> 52a53
> > (1 |PREPARED |false |APP |UserTransaction
> 54d54
> < (1 |PREPARED |false |APP |UserTransaction
> Test Failed.
> *** End:   XATest jdk1.4.2_07 DerbyNetClient
> derbynetclientmats:derbynetclientma
> ts 2006-08-04 03:39:33 ***
>
> > Instability in XATest
> > ---------------------
> >
> >                 Key: DERBY-1640
> >                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1640
> >             Project: Derby
> >          Issue Type: Bug
> >          Components: Test, Regression Test Failure
> >    Affects Versions: 10.2.0.0
> >            Reporter: Rick Hillegas
> >             Fix For: 10.2.0.0
> >
> >
> > I am seeing the following diff in XATest, in a clean subversion client
> running under DerbyNetClient framework on jdk14 on either Linux or
> cygwin/xp:
> > 52a53
> > > (1 |PREPARED |false |APP |UserTransaction
> > 54d54
> > < (1 |PREPARED |false |APP |UserTransaction
> > Test Failed.
> > *** End:   XATest jdk1.4.2_08 DerbyNetClient 2006-08-03 13:06:22 ***
> > Looks like an ordering instability.
>
> --
> This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
> -
> If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
> -
> For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message