db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Francois Orsini" <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:03:03 GMT
Not a partial feature, but I'm working on DERBY-1517 and I will need to do a
lot of testing - It is a fix that needs to get in so that DRDA Strong
Password Substitute Authentication (USRSSBPWD) security mechanism can be
re-enabled as a second best default when EUSRIDPWD cannot be used (i.e. JVM
not supporting 256-bit DH keys when a 10.2 client interacts with a
pre-10.2server (USRSSBPWD not supported).

--francois

On 8/9/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>
> Is anyone planning on submitting a partial feature in the next two
> weeks? If so, this will affect my decision about whether to create a
> branch.
>
> Regards,
> -Rick
>
> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>
> >Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >>On 8/9/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>>Hi David,
> >>>
> >>>I think there's a significant delta between the last snapshot and the
> >>>beta I plan to cut imminently. I would recommend that people wait for
> >>>the beta.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>Are you planning do the beta out of the trunk? I don't think there's a
> >>need to branch until there's actually potential for release. It'll
> >>save a lot of merging.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >As long as it's understood the trunk remains open for all new stuff
> >including new (partial) features. We could delay a branch, one can
> >always go "back-in-time" to create a branch from an existing svn
> >revision point, right?
> >
> >Dan.
> >
> >
> >
>
>

Mime
View raw message