db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: drop column functionality
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:56:58 GMT
On 8/21/06, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> wrote:

> > 3. The version from trunk does not appear able to read databases created
> > with the 10.1.3.1 release. Has the database file syntax changed?
>
> I'm hoping one of the other developers can help with this question.
> I think that this is on purpose, to avoid accidentally mixing releases
> that may differ in major ways, but I think there is a configuration
> flag that you can set that will authorize the trunk code to open and
> read a previous-release database.
>
> Can anybody help us out here? How can Tim use some of his 10.1 databases
> in experimenting with a patched release built from the trunk?

Setting "derby.database.allowPreReleaseUpgrade" system property to
true will allow pre-release code (like trunk code) to read databases
from previous release. Note that this property is only to be used for
testing. Please take a look at these links for additional info:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Soft-Upgrade-question-p3441560.html
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UpgradingTen

Thanks,
Deepa