db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Wasting space [Re: Distribution of toursdb]
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:20:02 GMT

> Keep both. They are part of the full Derby distribution, in a full
> distribution they take up 10% of the on-disk space (note I see the jar
> at around 0.6Mb but the expanded database at around 2.2Mb).
>
> There's no requirement for any one to re-ship them and people can
> download the lib distribution to avoid them.

+1

I included the jarred version so that users would have a database in a
jar that they could use immediately. If I had to choose one to remove,
it would be the jar, but at half a megabyte, it's not much of a
concern considering the size of the rest of the -bin distribution. I
say leave it as well.

andrew