db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: installation issue: problems caused by spaces in path pointed to by DERBY_HOME or DERBY_INSTALL
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:10:40 GMT
On 8/25/06, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/25/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
> >
> > It does not work correctly on Windows XP SP2. It adds extra characters
> > that are not the DOS 8.3 format and even changes the name of the db
> > directory in the PATH to db0. The error message we get is
>
> Thanks, I just recently got access to an XP SP2 box, I'll do some
> testing there and get back to you.

I just tried this out on an XP SP2 box, and I could not reproduce it
there either. Here's the output minus the 'echo off':

C:\derby-trunk\bin>set DERBY_HOME=C:\Documents and Settings\andrewm

C:\derby-trunk\bin>setEmbeddedCP

C:\derby-trunk\bin>SET DERBY_HOME=C:\DOCUME~1\andrewm

C:\derby-trunk\bin>set CLASSPATH=C:\DOCUME~1\andrewm\lib\derby.jar;C:\DOCUME~1\a
ndrewm\lib\derbytools.jar;myderby.jar;huzzah.foo

I'm not sure how much I can help if I can't reproduce it. Could you
maybe paste the output from your box with the 'echo off' removed?

andrew