db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help applying patch for DERBY-1685
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:39:33 GMT

> On IRC she thought she first edited the file, then did the 'svn move'.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to apply this patch?
> Or suggestions for Laura on how to create a patch that renames a file?

This seems to be a peculiarity of how svn creates patch files for
moves. Patch, at least on my machine never actually removes empty
files, and you need the old file to be there to remove its contents
for the patch to apply cleanly. So try:

svn move rrefonlinebackupdbnowaitproc.dita rrefbackupdbnowaitproc.dita
cp rrefbackupdbnowaitproc.dita rrefonlinebackupdbnowaitproc.dita
patch -p0 -i derby1685_ref3.diff
# verify that rrefonlinebackupdbnowaitproc.dita is in fact empty, and:
rm rrefonlinebackupdbnowaitproc.dita

andrew