db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: LineNumber table in class files and sane=false strangeness
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:53:54 GMT

> Doing this provides a consistent build (thanks Andrew):
>
> ant clobber
> ant insanse
> ant all
>
> Looking at the previous verbose output for a full build shows all the
> compiles had just -g, not -g:none. Maybe just setting the ant property
> 'sane=false' is no longer enough, one one needs to run 'ant insane'? It
> does seem my codeline was in a half insane, half sane mode.

This definitely sounds like DERBY-744 if running 'ant insane' fixes
the problem. I was having a problem reproducing it when running with
-Dsane=false, but putting it in my ~/ant.properties reproduces the
problem. And, I found the solution, a check for the property sane was
using the value of the property, instead of checking the sane property
itself. I'll attach a patch to DERBY-744. Dan, please let me know if
this solves the problem without running 'ant insane' first.

andrew