db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to commit documentation patches?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:27:22 GMT
On 8/14/06, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:

> I was planning to commit some of the outstanding documentation patches,
> e.g. DERBY-1548, but I realised I have no idea how to do this.
>
> Looking at the download site there's no mention of the documentation
> source code:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Derby+source+code
>
> I couldn't see anything in the wiki on how to download the svn source
> for the documentation, build it (? I know it needs DITA, but that's
> about all I know), and test it.
>
> Seems like we could get documentation patches in quicker if all the
> committers could handle them, rather than the the two or three who
> submit these patches today. Let's scale with the size of the community.
>
> Is there a write-up somewhere on how to do this?

There is this page, which should describe most of what you need:

http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html

It's hiding in the drop-down box off the left when you click the
Documentation tab as "DITA source". I think a link from the main
documentation page might help make this easier to find.

andrew