db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: svn commit: r430830 - /db/derby/code/branches/10.2/
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:41:49 GMT
> Well, this will spoil my little plan to just mega-merge from the trunk
> to the 10.2 branch. If we do this, then we'll need to start swimming
> with lead weights on now. Every patch from 430830 onward should be
> hand-merged into the 10.2 branch.

Not necessarily, because merge takes a range of revisions and you can
specify the start point. just start with the 10.3 version update +1 up
to head if there are no other changes. e.g. if the 10.3 version update
is rev 480010, to grab everything but that revision from the trunk,
do:

svn merge -r 480011:HEAD http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/

while sitting in a branch view. It gets more complicated if there is
another revision, say 481122 that needs to be left out, then you do:

svn merge -r 480011:481111 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/
svn merge -r 481113:HEAD http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/

andrew