db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:57:52 GMT

> As long as it's understood the trunk remains open for all new stuff
> including new (partial) features. We could delay a branch, one can
> always go "back-in-time" to create a branch from an existing svn
> revision point, right?

Correct. If a new partial feature goes in that isn't appropriate for
10.2, there's two options: branch from the revision before the feature
was checked in and merge the remaining appropriate patches over to the
branch, or branch from the head and reverse merge the inappropriate
patches from the branch. The latter is probably the easier option if
there are only one or two inappropriate patches to reverse merge out
of the branch.

andrew