db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:39:15 GMT
On 8/9/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I think there's a significant delta between the last snapshot and the
> beta I plan to cut imminently. I would recommend that people wait for
> the beta.

Are you planning do the beta out of the trunk? I don't think there's a
need to branch until there's actually potential for release. It'll
save a lot of merging.

Anyone know if there has been any movement on the issue surrounding
DERBY-1639? On legal-discuss, Bill Shannon suggested that the wording
in the spec license be changed to remove section 3. Geir agreed this
would be compatible with the ASL, and the thread ends there. As it is,
the description of the bug should probably be changed to 'Resolve
ASL-incompatible clause in the JDBC 4 spec license' or some such.

As for the rest of those 104 open 10.2 issues, I believe we should
start aggressively punting issues out to 10.2.2 or 10.3, or start
focussing efforts to resolve/doc them otherwise.

andrew

Mime
View raw message