db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:54:46 GMT
On 8/8/06, Bernt M. Johnsen <Bernt.Johnsen@sun.com> wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> > On 8/7/06, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> How can we make a big splash with the Beta Announcement and follow-up to
> >> get users pounding on 10.2 to make sure this is a quality release?
> >> I am interested in ideas from the community.
>
> My small contribution: I have a blog on Java.net and I will announce the
> beta there. A pointer to a "press release" would be a nice thing to have.
>
> (BTW: Hi all, I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up here ;-)

Welcome back, Bernt!

Glad you mentioned it, btw. Everybody on this list that has a blog
should mention the beta there. And please, PLEASE, link the words
"java database" to http://db.apache.org/derby/ so that maybe,
possibly, one day, we might show up on the google search for "java
database". :-)

andrew

p.s. fwiw, cloudscape.com shows up in the second page. Ole's test
results show up higher in google's results than
http://db.apache.org/derby/ for 'java database', for which I searched
to the 22nd page and gave up. "java database" (with double quotes)
doesn't even get a remote hit until the 13th page, when you get the
wikipedia article on the project. Our website pages get indexed, so we
could do a better job of doing this sort of linking anyway.