db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA question - what to do with issues that are verified JVM issues rather than derby bugs?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:20:45 GMT
On 6/28/06, Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I have verfied that DERBY=1280 is a JVM bug specific to the reported IBM
> JVM bug.  What should I do with the jira issue?

I'm tempted to say that the issue should be closed as "Won't Fix" or
"Invalid," since the fix won't be to Derby, but to a JVM. But, that
will cause it to fall off the radar, which is not necessarily what we
want.

If we implement a workaround and/or the issue is eventually fixed in
the JVM, then we should mark it as "Fixed".

Unfortunately, there's not really a good state for this in JIRA. It
would be nice if there were a way to mark bugs as being "Tracked" or
as belonging to an outside group. It looks like the best we have now
is the "Later" resolution, which I take to mean "we'll revisit this in
the future."

andrew