db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject sysinfo in derbyclient.jar? (was Re: (DERBY-1470) )
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 04:45:40 GMT
The issue below brings up an interesting question. The attached diff
for this issue adds derby.jar to the classpath so that the user can
run sysinfo and verify that their classpath is correct. However, a
minimally configured client would only have derbyclient.jar, and I
think we should be promoting this, even with the simple example html.

So, perhaps a better solution would be to put sysinfo into the client
jar, as we've done with derbynet.jar, so that one can get sysinfo out
of any of the derby jars. Now that client is being built with
classlister, it's a one-line change to tools/jar/dnc.properties. Doing
so adds 11k to derbyclient.jar, making it 371 k vs. 360k when built
insane.

Opinions, anyone?

andrew

On 8/7/06, Ramandeep Kaur (JIRA) <derby-dev@db.apache.org> wrote:
>      [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1470?page=all ]
>
> Ramandeep Kaur updated DERBY-1470:

> Submitting diffs. Please review it.
>
> > Correct instructions in demo html file demo\simple\example.html
> >
> >                 Key: DERBY-1470
> >
> >  In file demo\simple\example.html, under section "Next run the SimpleApp demo in
Derby client mode:", step 5
> > "java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo -cp client SimpleApp.class" gives the following
error:
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/derby/tools/sysinfo

Actually,