db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Regression Test Failure! - TinderBox_Derby 428930 - Sun DBTG
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 04:03:20 GMT

> The URLCheck code uses it through reflection, that's probably why you
> missed it. I think the use of reflection (from what I remember) is over
> the top, a simple list of the required attributes in URLCheck would be
> good enough.

Yep, from org.apache.derby.tools.URLCheck:161,

Class att = Attribute.class;

This compiles in a direct reference to the class. At least it's an
easy fix. I think maybe a static initializer which populates
validDerbyProps with direct references to the keys from Attribute is
the way to go, along with a comment in Attribute to update URLCheck if
new attributes are added there. Sound good? Is there a better
solution?

andrew