db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: full stack trace with TestConnectionMethods.java
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:23:04 GMT
On 8/3/06, Narayanan <V.Narayanan@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> SUMMARY: UNABLE TO REPRODUCE PROBLEM :-(

That's a good thing. :-)

> I applied patch for DERBY-1424 (i.e.) derby-1424-v1.diff.
> </snip>
> I also ran jdbc40 TestSuite in both the Embedded and the client
> frameworks. The test always seemed to pass. Seems like I am doing
> something wrong in my environment :-( .

This is also a good thing, and thank you for trying out the patch! It
made me realize that something was wrong with *my* environment. After
some tinkering with the test and my environment, I tracked it down to
some recently installed firewall software. I'm not sure why it was
treating the Network Server for this test differently for the other
network client tests, but I was able to fix the problem by removing
restrictions on java.exe in the firewall software.

Since this solves the last remaining issue with Derby-1424, I will be
committing that patch shortly.

Thanks again,
andrew