db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject unused / unnecessary files in derbyclient.jar (DERBY-1424)
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 05:21:23 GMT
While working on DERBY-1424, building derbyclient.jar with
classlister, I noticed the following classes which are either unused
or shouldn't be included in derbyclient.jar. The ones which are unused
appear to be have been used in the past, but are not used now, and
should probably be removed completely. The other set, the ones that
shouldn't be included in derbyclient.jar are either reference classes
(interfaces containing only Strings) or sanity manager classes.

The unused classes:
42d41
< org/apache/derby/client/am/ErrorKey.class
46,49d44
< org/apache/derby/client/am/GetFileInputStreamAction.class
< org/apache/derby/client/am/GetResourceBundleAction.class
< org/apache/derby/client/am/GetResourceInputStreamAction.class
< org/apache/derby/client/am/GetSystemPropertiesAction.class
65d59
< org/apache/derby/client/am/RowId.class
71d64
< org/apache/derby/client/am/SetAccessibleAction.class

Classes which shouldn't be in derbyclient.jar:
75d67
< org/apache/derby/client/am/SqlState.class
94d85
< org/apache/derby/client/net/DssConstants.class
140d130
< org/apache/derby/iapi/services/info/ProductGenusNames.class
142,143d131
< org/apache/derby/iapi/services/info/PropertyNames.class
< org/apache/derby/iapi/services/sanity/SanityManager.class
162d149
< org/apache/derby/loc/clientmessages_qq_PP_testOnly.properties
165d151
< org/apache/derby/shared/common/error/ExceptionSeverity.class
168,170d153
< org/apache/derby/shared/common/sanity/AssertFailure.class
< org/apache/derby/shared/common/sanity/SanityManager.class
< org/apache/derby/shared/common/sanity/SanityState.class

I'd like to get these unused classes cleaned up (hopefully, removed)
from the client source. I'm guessing one of the unnecessary classes in
the second list is causing my problem with
jdbc4/TestConnectionMethods.java.

So, if anyone has any comments regarding the use of the classes
mentioned above, please let me know. The above diff was taken from the
class list of a current derbyclient.jar versus a derbyclient.jar built
with the derby-1424-v1.diff patch currently attached to DERBY-1424.

andrew