db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wasting space [Re: Distribution of toursdb]
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:05:16 GMT
Lars Heill wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Does anyone have an opinion on this?
>
> Andrew?  Rick?  Anyone?

Keep both. They are part of the full Derby distribution, in a full
distribution they take up 10% of the on-disk space (note I see the jar
at around 0.6Mb but the expanded database at around 2.2Mb).

There's no requirement for any one to re-ship them and people can
download the lib distribution to avoid them.

Dan.