db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: XML type description - possible changes?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:57:20 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> FYI - I would prefer to keep the phrase "data type" in the title and
> first paragraph of this file as a qualifier.  In the near future (post
> 10.2) I intend to update all of the other files that describe data
> types to add this qualifier.  There are many files in Derby that don't
> have qualifiers in the titles and it makes locating the correct info
> difficult for Derby users.

I don't agree with this change. I wouldn't like to see everything
expanded -- "BLOB data type", "Date data type", etc.

The XML data type appears in the "Data Types" chapter -- I haven't heard
any users complain that this isn't clear. But I may have missed some
posts. Could you include a link to the posts that showed the difficulty?

thanks,

 -jean