db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "ReferenceManualTenTwo" by DanDebrunner
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:43:30 GMT
Apache Wiki wrote:

> - Notes on the changes (bold), a) no need to use Derby b) The old
> word ing had the use of 'might' and 'empty sequence', I think it
> wanted to describe a sequence and the result is always a sequence,
> not that it might be.

I agree, with one small addition: instinctively I think it's worth documenting
that the sequence *might* be empty--and that's what the original text was
attempting to do.  The result will always be a sequence, and it may be an empty
sequence.

So I think the suggested rewording is great, but if we could add the
"potentially empty" to the sentence, that'd be even better:

"The result represents a potentially empty sequence of XML nodes or values."

Just a gut feeling, though...
Army