db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject for each row mode db2sql
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:06:12 GMT
In order to declare a Derby trigger, you need to include the phrase
"mode db2sql". I can't find this phrase in the ANSI SQL spec--trigger
declaration is described in volume 2, section 11.39. The phrase does
turn up in the DB2 reference manual, where it has this explanation:
"This clause is used to specify the mode of triggers. This is the only
valid mode currently supported.".

I would like to strike some happy balance between our goals of
supporting ANSI syntax and maintaining compatibility with previous
releases of Derby. Is there any reason that this phrase should not be
made optional?

Thanks,
-Rick