db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject JARFILE procedures should be document in the Admin Guide not the Tools guide
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:43:59 GMT
At least that is my opinion (in the Subject line) but I wanted to raise
this issue to the community for a broader perspective before opening a
JIRA issue on it.  Perhaps I'm missing something obvious.  The are
referred to as the 'database class utilities' which is I term I do not
understand but does put them squarely into the Tools and Utilities Guide.

The Tools and Utility Guide contains the section: " Storing jar files in
a database ".  This seems like an administration task to me.  The text
does not involve any kind of standalone utility or tool, but documents
the syntax for using the built in procedures that must be run using the
CALL statement.

Of course, I guess the same thing can be said about the Import and
Export procedures but at least they are in the schema SYSCS_UTIL as
opposed to SQLJ.

Any strong feelings against moving the section to the Admin portion of
the Server and Administration Guide?